University of Lausanne
Student Services and Facilities
- Students may work for up to 15 hours a week within the Zurich district.
- Access to buildings by ramp, lift, and same-level access, as well as electronically operated doors.
- UNIL has developed an international strategy to support of commitment to internationalisation.
- French language courses are offered to international students.
- The University participates in Erasmus, as well as the Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP) for European teachers and students.
- The SU offers detailed guidance on how to register, budgeting, what to do on arrival, working, accommodation, etc. Check on the University’s website.
- The University of Lausanne (UNIL) was founded in 1537 as a School of Theology.
- Following an increase and diversification in the number of faculties, it became a university in 1890.
- From 1970, the UNIL moved progressively from the old centre of Lausanne, around the cathedral and chateau, to its present site at Dorigny.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Bhumibol Adulyadej (King of Thailand).
- Claude Nicollier (First Swiss astronaut).
- Sepp Blatter (President of FIFA).
- Ernest Ansermet (Swiss conductor).
University of Lausanne , CH-1015 , Lausanne , Switzerland