Studying in Israel
Why Study in Israel?
Israel has four universities in the QS World University Rankings 2014–15 top 300 (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 138th; Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, 190th; Tel Aviv University 195th; Ben Gurion University of The Negev, 292nd).
- Links with overseas higher education institutions include plans to construct a Peace Campus of Texas A&M University in Nazareth.
- There are academic cooperation agreements between the University of Montreal (in Quebec, Canada), Technion, Israel Institute of Technology and Haifa University.
Costs of living
Typical prices (GBP, April 2015) are:
- Apartment £387 - £478 per month
- Meal, inexpensive restaurant £8.52
- Meal at McDonalds £7.66
- Domestic beer (0.5 litre draught) £4.60
- Imported beer (0.33 litre bottle) £4.26
- Cappuccino £2.17
- Coke/Pepsi (0.33 litre bottle) £1.42
- Water (0.33 litre bottle) £1.11
- Loaf of bread £1.19
- Cigarettes £5.28
- One-way ticket local transport £1.18
- Cinema ticket £6.81