Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Undergraduate Students
Student Services and Facilities
- It is not possible for international students to work part-time while they are in Israel, unless it is within the requirements of their individual scholarships/grants.
- BGU’s Dean of Students Office provides a variety of services aimed at students with physical or psychological disabilities.
- BGU’s student association is one of the most active student unions in Israel.
- The BGU student association is involved in everything from volunteer work and community action, social and cultural activities on and off campus, buddy systems bridging between Israeli & international students, the on-campus movie theatres, a variety of sports programmes and classes, scholarships, lectures, student publications, and much more.
- Established in 1969, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) is one of Israel’s leading research universities and among the world leaders in many fields.
- Over 20,000 students attend, on campuses in Beer-Sheva, Sede Boqer and Eilat.
- Consistently ranked as a top choice of Israeli undergraduate students, BGU is known for its warm campus life and academic excellence.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Eliezer Shkedi – CEO of the Israeli national airline, El Al.
- Shelly Yachimovich – a member of the Knesset, current leader of the Israeli Labor Party.
- Isaac Berzin – chemical engineer who founded GreenFuel Technologies Corporation.
- Charles Blattberg – professor of political philosophy at the Université de Montréal.
- Amira Dotan – an Israeli military figure and a former member of Knesset for Kadima.
- Gila Gamliel – member of the Knesset for Likud and Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Office.
- Arieh Iserles – computational mathematician, Professor of the Numerical Analysis of Differential Equations at the University of Cambridge.
- Ofer Lahav – Perren Chair of Astronomy and Head of Astrophysics at University College London.
- Silvan Shalom – an Israeli politician, member of the Knesset from the Likud party and the country's senior Vice Prime Minister and Minister for Regional Development and the development of the Negev and the Galilee.
- Anastasia Gloushkov – Olympic synchronised swimmer.
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, POB 653, Beer-Sheva, Israel 84105