Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Undergraduate Students
Student Services and Facilities
- International students may not work part-time while they are in Israel, unless it is within the requirements of their individual scholarships/grants.
- The university’s Accessibility Unit provides information and assistance to students with special needs.
- There are dozens of student activity groups focusing on politics, society, the environment and more.
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI) is Israel’s second oldest university, founded in 1918. It was established by visionaries including Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, Martin Buber and Chaim Weizmann.
- The Mount Scopus campus was officially opened in 1925.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Nobel Prize laureates: Daniel Kahneman (Economics, 2002), David Gross (Physics, 2004), Avram Hershko (Chemistry, 2004), Aaron Ciechanover (Chemistry, 2004), Robert Aumann (Economics, 2005), Roger D. Kornberg (Chemistry, 2006) and Ada Yonath (Chemistry, 2009).
- Fields Medal laureate: Elon Lindenstrauss (2010).
- Presidents of Israel: Ephraim Katzir, Yitzhak Navon and Moshe Katsav.
- Prime Ministers of Israel: Ehud Barak, Ariel Sharon and Ehud Olmert.
- Sports and Culture: Natalie Portman, Uri Zohar, Shaul Ladany, Yochanan Vollach, Itzik Kornfein and Adin Talbar.
The Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem 91905, Israel