/

Concordia University

History

  • Concordia University was officially founded in 1974, following the merger of Loyola College and Sir George Williams University.
  • The name was taken from the motto of the city of Montréal, Concordia salus (meaning 'well-being through harmony').
  • Today, the school is one of three English-language universities in the province of Québec.
  • Concordia University is a member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada, the International Association of Universities, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Canadian Interuniversity Sport, the Canadian Association of Research Libraries, the Québec Student Sport Federation, the Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate and the Canadian Bureau for International Education.

Address

Concordia University, 1455 De Maisonneuve Boulevard West, Montréal, Québec H3G 1M8, Canada