- Undergraduate Students
- THE World University Ranking (2018–19) 77
- McMaster University (commonly referred to as McMaster or Mac) is a public research university whose main campus is located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- McMaster University resulted from the outgrowth of educational initiatives undertaken by Baptists from as early as the 1830s. It was founded in 1881 as Toronto Baptist College.
- Professional programmes during the interwar period were limited to theology and nursing. By the 1940s the McMaster administration was under pressure to modernise and expand the university's programs. During the and post-war periods the demand for technological expertise, particularly in the sciences, increased.
- Through the 1950s increased funding advanced the place of sciences within the institution. In 1950, the university had completed the construction of three academic buildings for the sciences, all designed by local architect William Russell Souter.
- In 1965, with the support of the Ontario government, the University established a medical school and teaching hospital, its first class of physicians graduating in 1972.
McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8, Canada