- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 339
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 190
- Boston College (BC) was opened in 1864 by the Society of Jesus to educate the sons of Irish immigrants. Its original academic focuses were theology, philosophy, Greek and modern languages.
- By 1970 the college had become co-educational, and now women comprise more than half of the university's intake.
- The college has around 9,099 full-time undergraduates and 4,916 graduate students (2011–12).
140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467