- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 81
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 70
- Boston University traces its first beginning to the Newbury Biblical Institute, established in Newbury, Vermont in 1839; it was later named "Boston University" by the Massachusetts Legislature in 1869.
- Prior to its campus being located along the Charles River, the university was scattered around the outskirts. Concerned that the University should be able to more participate more actively in the development of the city of Boston, School President purchased land on where campus now stands.
- Current President, Dr. Robert Brown's presidency, seeks to further the consolidation of campus infrastructure by investing $1.8 billion in the completion of a 10-year strategic plan, allocating new resources to inter-college opportunities for undergraduates, improving the campus’s academic and residential facilities, and recruiting new faculty for the University’s largest college.
1 Silber Way, , Boston, , Massachusetts 02215, , United States