Carnegie Mellon University
- The average cost of room and board for the academic year 2012-13 was roughly £7,450 (US$11,500).
- CMU has 25 residences on campus.
- All first years are required to live in university housing, and the majority of students choose to remain in the university's residence halls or apartments for the four years of their degree.
- Housing Services guarantee accommodation for students.
- It is advised to apply early to improve your chance of being allocated your preferred accommodation.
- First years are also required to have a meal plan, which can be used both on- and off-campus.