- QS World University Ranking (2018–19) 14
- THE World University Ranking (2018–19) 19
- Cornell University was founded on April 27, 1865 as the result of a New York State (NYS) Senate bill that named the university as the state's land grant institution.
- Senator Ezra Cornell offered his farm in Ithaca, New York as a site and $500,000 of his personal fortune as an initial endowment. Fellow senator and experienced educator Andrew Dickson White agreed to be the first president.
- The university was inaugurated on October 7, 1868, and 412 men were enrolled the next day.
- Led by economics professor Allyn Young, the committee recommended the creation of a "two-year graduate course leading to the Master's degree" in both business and public administration that in 2010 became the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University.
Cornell University, 410 Thurston Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA