Georgia Institute of Technology
- QS World University Ranking (2018–19) 69
- THE World University Ranking (2018–19) 34
- The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the United States’ top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
- The idea of a technology school in Georgia first came about in 1865. John Fletcher Hanson (an industrialist) and Nathaniel Edwin Harris (a politician), strongly believed that the South needed to improve its technology to compete with the industrial revolution that was occurring throughout the Northern State of America.
- Georgia Tech assumed its present name in 1948 to reflect a growing focus on advanced technological and scientific research.
- On April 20, 2010, Georgia Tech was invited to join the Association of American Universities.
North Avenue, , Atlanta, , Georgia 30332, , United States