Georgia Institute of Technology
- QS World University Ranking (2016–17) 71
- THE World University Ranking (2016–17) 33
- Georgia Tech closely reviews students’ specific academic backgrounds and particular national educational systems.
The Selection process is rigorous due to the stiff competition of gaining a place at Georgia Tech.
The following are taken into consideration:
- GPA/Rigor of Curriculum
- Standardised Test Scores
- Extracurricular Involvement
- Personal Essays
- School Report
- The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the United States’ top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
- The idea of a technology school in Georgia first came about in 1865. John Fletcher Hanson (an industrialist) and Nathaniel Edwin Harris (a politician), strongly believed that the South needed to improve its technology to compete with the industrial revolution that was occurring throughout the Northern State of America.
- Georgia Tech assumed its present name in 1948 to reflect a growing focus on advanced technological and scientific research.
- On April 20, 2010, Georgia Tech was invited to join the Association of American Universities.