Ohio State University
- QS World University Ranking (2018–19) 89
- THE World University Ranking (2018–19) 71
Student Services and Facilities
- International students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during academic terms.
- Student Life Disability Services offers a wide range of services to students with disabilities.
- Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +1-614-292-3307.
- The university has over 1,000 student organisations; intercollegiate, club and recreational sports programmes; student media organisations and publications, fraternities and sororities; and an active student government association.
- Ohio State University (OSU) is a state-funded research university.
- Founded in 1870, it was originally known as the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College, training students in various agricultural and mechanical disciplines.
- It was developed into a comprehensive university in 1878, and changed its name to the Ohio State University.
- OSU has since grown into the third largest campus in the United States in terms of population.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Noble Laureates Paul Flory, William A. Fowler and Kenneth G. Wilson.
- Pulitzer Prize winners Mary Oliver, Nick Anderson, Judith Miller, Julia Kelly and Jim Schaefer.
- Authors Virginia Hamilton, Harlan Ellison, John Jakes and Clayton Rawson.
- Playwrights Jerome Lawrence, Kermit Hunter, Adrienne Kennedy and Velina Hasu Houston.
- Cartoonists Kerry G. Johnson, Milton Caniff, John Backderf, Brian Basset and Jeff Smith.
- United States Senators Sherrod Brown and Thomas R. Carper.
- Scientists Homer Burton Adkins, Thomas D. Brock, Roy Plunkett, Douglas Prasher and Christopher Williams.
- Astronauts Ronald M. Sega, Robert Henry Lawrence Jr., Nancy J. Currie and Charles Bassett.
Ohio State University, Undergraduate Admissions, Student Academic Services Building, 281 W. Lane Ave. , Columbus, OH 4321, USA