Texas A & M University
- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 195
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 193
- Texas A & M was established in 1862 with the adoption of the Morrill Act which auctioned land for the building of educational institutes that had an emphasis on the teaching of agriculture and mechanical arts and promotion of the liberal and practical education of the industrial classes.
- Under pressure from the legislature, in 1911 the school began allowing women to attend classes during the summer semester.
- With strong support from the University of Texas at Austin, the Association of American Universities inducted Texas A & M in May 2001, on the basis of the depth of the university's research and academic programmes.
College Station , Texas 77843, United States