University of Iowa
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 201-250
- The University of Iowa was founded on February 25, 1847, as the first public institution of higher learning in Iowa, just 59 days after Iowa was admitted to the Union.
- In 1855, Iowa became the first public university in the United States to admit men and women on an equal basis.
- The university was the first state university to recognise the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Allied Union (in 1970).
- Iowa has won international recognition for its wealth of achievements in the arts, sciences, and humanities.
2 W Jefferson St, Iowa City , IA 52246 , United States