Washington University in St Louis
- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 100
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 50
- Washington in St Louis (WUSTL) was founded in 1854, to meet the demands of waves of young immigrants who wanted an education.
- The university flourished at its location in downtown St Louis for its first 50 years, growing from an evening programme to an institution offering a full slate of scientific, liberal arts and classical courses.
- Current Chancellor Mark S Wrighton has continued to strengthen the university's impact and reputation.
- Over the course of its first 150 years, Washington University has made remarkable progress, growing from a college educating local men and women to an internationally known research university with students and faculty from approximately 110 countries.
- On the school’s 25th anniversary, it boasted 1,486 students and 87 professors. In 2009, WUSTL had 6,114 undergraduate students and 3,297 professors.
1 Brookings Drive , St Louis, Missouri, 63130, United States