James Cook University
- Undergraduate Students
Student Services and Facilities
- The JCU Careers and Employment Service provides information and advice on careers, employment and further study to current JCU students and graduates. Free services include:
- Online job finder, including part-time, volunteer and vacation jobs
- Career advice
- On-campus careers fairs
- Access to computer-based career guidance programs to help with career choices
- Note: International students in Singapore on a Student Pass are not permitted to work. For details please visit www.ica.gov.sg
- Specialist services are available to students with permanent or temporary disabilities who may require additional information, support or resources. Students should contact Accessibility Services when accepting their offer to discuss their needs.
- The JCU Student Association is directed by elected students and, for a membership fee, provides services and amenities to students. These include:
- Student representation to the university
- Student welfare issues
- Sports facilities
- Food outlets
- James Cook University (JCU) is Queensland’s second oldest university and was established in Townsville, Queensland in 1970.
- JCU is Australia’s “University for the Tropics” with a heavy focus on issues relating to tropical zones around the world.
- In just over 20 years, JCU has become a dynamic, multi-campus university with over 20,000 students and growing.
- JCU is a member of the national alliance, Innovative Research Universities and is one of the world’s leading universities in the tropics.
- JCU’s Ecology and Environment research is better than both Cambridge and Yale.JCU is ranked in the top 400 universities in the world, in the Asia Pacific region, JCU is ranked in the top 100*.
- *Institute of Higher Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Academic Ranking of world Universities in 2012.
James Cook International , Cairns, QLD 4870, Australia