Monash University, Australia
- QS World University Ranking (2016–17) 65
- THE World University Ranking (2016–17) 74
- Entry requirements are based on Australian Year 12 equivalent.
- For more information visit www.monash.edu/coursefinder.
- 5 star PLUS Institution rating (QS Stars, 2012) including 5 star rating for Teaching.
- The Good Universities Guide, 2013 awarded Monash a 5 star rating for Staff Qualifications and Student/Staff Ratio.
- Courses are designed for students to be career ready and enrich their personal development.
- Monash University offers an extensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees across all ten Monash faculties – Art, Design and Architecture; Arts; Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Information Technology; Law; Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences; Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; Science.
- Double degrees are a popular choice amongst career ambitious students, providing more career flexibility and opportunities.
Student Services and Facilities
- There are eight branches of the Monash University Library in Victoria, Australia and associated libraries in Malaysia and South Africa.
- Monash Smartphone Application which features include eMaps of Monash Australian campuses, shuttle bus timetables, library hours and PC finder.
- Monash University Employment and Career Development (ECD) provide students a range of services to be career ready. They are consistent recipients the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE) Graduate Recruitment Industry Awards – Best Careers Service for Employers.
- Other facilities include gym and sporting facilities, bookshops, childcare centres, medical clinics, and spiritual centres.
Support for International Students
- International student advisers are located in Monash Connect on every campus, to help students with any enquires, issues and advice about visas, immigration and accommodation.
- Airport reception – students may organise a free airport pick up service, with driver from Monash to take them to their accommodation.
- Pre-departure briefings in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia for students and parents.
- Monash Orientation program act as an introduction to the Faculty, course coordinator(s) and other key academic and professional staff members, and is a great opportunity to meet other new students commencing the course.
- Services available include note takers and Auslan interpreters, readings in alternative formats, loans of electric scooters, adaptive equipment and software and alternative arrangements for exams.
- Find out about disability services at Monash University online.
- Student associations provide services, activities and representation on academic affairs for students at all Monash campuses.
- Over 150 different clubs and societies.
- Other services include Monash radio, language assistance and migration seminars.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- Visit Monash Career Gateway for access to employment opportunities, events and career resources online.
- Monash University has more than 62,000 student enrolments.
- Home to international student ratio is 16:9.
- 57% female, 43% male.
- Named after engineer, military leader and public administrator Sir John Monash, Monash University was established during 1958 in Melbourne, Australia.
- Monash University welcomed its first intake of students in 1961.
- In just 50 years it has grown to become Australia’s largest university, enrolling more than 62,000 students from all over the world.
- The youngest member of the Group of Eight, an alliance of Australian universities renowned for their excellence in research, teaching and scholarship.
871 Dandenong Road