Queensland University of Technology
- QS World University Ranking (2016–17) 263
- THE World University Ranking (2016–17) 251-300
- Entry requirements vary depending on the course. Visit http://www.qut.edu.au/international/applying/step-3-check-you-meet-the-entry-requirements
- Many of the staff are internationally recognised for their teaching initiatives, research collaborations and publications.
- QUT offers more than 650 undergraduate and postgraduate study options in; building and planning, business, creative, design and performance, education, engineering, health and community, information technology, languages, law and justice, and science and mathematics.
- Many courses offer the opportunity for internships with industry partners, so you’ll get real world experience while you study.
- Short term study as a Study Abroad or Exchange student at QUT: QUT has over 150 partnership agreements with universities in more than 35 countries, so you can study and travel at the same time.
Student Services and Facilities
- Gardens Point campus is home to the new Science and Engineering Centre, a $230 million facility leading research in priority areas of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects.
- The centre also includes one of the world's largest digital and interactive display screens (two storeys high), an Olympic size pool, full gymnasium, computer labs and social study spaces.
- Kelvin Grove campus features the innovative Creative Industries Precinct, the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI) and the QUT International College.
- Both campuses have libraries, computer labs, wireless internet zones, specialised student learning spaces, food, café and shopping retailers, Student Guild bars, bookshops, health and student counselling services, fitness and aquatic centres, child care centres, creative studios, and prayer rooms.
Support for International Students
- The International Student Service (ISS) team provides support services including counselling, accommodation assistance, university orientation, airport reception, language and learning advice, and recreational activities.
- QUT have helpful representatives in many countries abroad (in England these are based in East Sussex).
- QUT can send somebody to meet you at the airport when you first arrive.
- QUT support you if you have a disability, injury or health condition by providing services to help you manage your studies.
- Services include; assistive technology support, alternative formatting of course materials, assessment support and a note taker program.
- QUT Guild organises a range of activities to meet the needs of students on all campuses for fun, fitness and making friends. The Guild also sponsors many clubs such as sporting, academic, international, religious, and special interest clubs, as well as support services like legal and financial advice.
- The East-West Centre celebrates and acknowledges diversity and enhances student life at QUT. They provide the opportunity to meet new people through participating in cross-cultural activities, sporting tournaments and language exchange.
- QUT has 42,000 students; over 6,800 of these are international students from more than 100 countries.
- First established as the Brisbane School of Arts over 150 years ago, the University began operating as the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in 1989.
- It is a member of the Australian Technology Network (ATN), an alliance of five Australian universities building strategic partnerships and undertaking solution based research.
Victoria Park Road