University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
- Undergraduate Students
Student Services and Facilities
- UTS Careers Service can help you find part-time work while you’re studying, and develop skills to foster professional services.
- Working Solutions is a specialised program to help international students complement their university degree with practical workshops and industry based placements.
- UTS celebrates diversity – and a safe, nurturing environment to encourage all students to feel valued. If you have financial difficulties, a disability or an ongoing medical condition which may affect your study, the UTS Special Needs Service can provide advice and services.
- There is always something exciting happening on campus – free weekly breakfasts, barbecues, bands, festivals and club activities means that students can get involved in university life and make real connections with peers.
- Students are invited to join over 100 clubs covering a range of interests spanning sporting, cultural, political and religious based groups.
- For more information visit http://www.utsunion.com.au/
- The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) has a distinct model of learning, strong research performance and a reputation for engagement with industry and the professions.
- It is a state-funded university and owes its establishment to the University of Technology, Sydney Act of 1988 passed by the New South Wales government and the merger of the former New South Wales Institute of Technology and the School of Design of the former Sydney College of the Arts.
- The Institute of Technical and Adult Teacher Education and the Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education were amalgamated with the university two years later.
- UTS has a culturally diverse campus life and vibrant international exchange study and research programs that prepare graduates for the workplaces of today and the future.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Industry Advisory Board, comprised of CEOs and leaders from a broad spectrum of industries, is integral to UTS.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Amongst UTS notable alumni are:
- Maile Carnegie, Managing Director, Google Australia and New Zealand (Bachelor of Business)
- Morris Iemma, Former Premier of NSW (Master of Law)
- Hugh Jackman, Actor (Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Journalism)
UTS International, University of Technology, Sydney, Level 3A, UTS Tower Building, 15 Broadway, Ultimo, NSW 2007, Australia,