University of Canterbury
- Undergraduate Students
- The University of Canterbury Students’ Association (UCSA) supports a wide range of clubs to suit a variety of interests.
- The University of Canterbury was established in 1873.
- Until 1961, the university was part of the University of New Zealand.
- Some of the university buildings had to be demolished following the 2010/11 earthquakes in Christchurch.
- The earthquakes had a negative effect on student numbers with a considerable number of undergraduates and international students dropping out of the university.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- New Zealand Prime Minister John Key.
- Nobel Prize winner Ernest Rutherford.
- Comedian Rhys Darby.
- New Zealand’s first Maori graduate, Sir Apirana Ngata.
20 Kirkwood Avenue, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch 8041, New Zealand