- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Keele University is located on a 600-acre campus in the heart of England, just one hour away from Manchester. It's an innovative university, led by cutting-edge research. The campus is big, but with a small and cosmopolitan community the university rates highly for student satisfaction, offering gold-standard teaching (TEF 2017). Everything is on your doorstep at Keele – the campus is self-contained with student accommodation, teaching buildings, restaurants and cafés, a sports centre and a medical centre all within a few minutes’ walk.
UCAS Code: K12
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 78%
- Postgraduate 22%
Mode of study
- Full Time 79%
- Part Time 21%
Where students come from
- UK 90%
- EU 2%
- Other 8%
- Male 42%
- Female 58%
Student Services and Facilities
Libraries and Information Services
- The library on campus offers fantastic facilities and study space, open 24/7, as well as off-campus access.
- The campus library, and separate off-campus health library, both offer free Wi-Fi, excellent support, a choice of study spaces and access to extensive print and online resources, to suit students' study subjects and learning requirements.
- Keele Careers and Employability department provide support and advice on gaining jobs and internships whilst studying.
- The Jobshop, based in KeeleSU, is a free service that advertises part-time, temporary and graduate jobs.
- The university also has a paid student ambassador scheme where students represent the university at events, with flexible working hours that fit around their studies.
- Keele University offers a host of opportunities to help you develop your skills and experiences to make yourself more employable after graduation.
- The Keele Careers and Employability team offer students guidance, support and advice on a range of career and employment elements.
- Staff are on hand to advise on career planning, what a degree could lead to, further postgraduate study as well as internship opportunities. They also organise key events to enable students to meet employers and gain part-time work while studying.
- Keele Practice is situated on the campus; it has two doctors, supported by two specialist nurse practitioners.
- With a Well Pharmacy on campus, students can access everything they need to keep well and healthy.
Counselling and Mental Health Support
- The counselling and mental health support team includes professionally trained and experienced counsellors and mental health practitioners. They'll listen without judgement, creating a space where students can talk about their emotions. They will also refer students to other sources of help if they feel it's needed.
- If Keele is a first choice university for a student with a physical and/or sensory disability, severe mental health issues, or autistic spectrum condition, a suitable room on campus is guaranteed for the duration of their course. Accommodation includes specially adapted ground-floor rooms and kitchens.
- The Disability and Dyslexia support team provides ongoing support for individual student needs and can arrange a Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) assessment.
- Please refer to the university website for details of disability support and to contact an adviser.
Other services and facilities
- An ecumenical chapel provides a focus for different styles of Christian worship. The Islamic Centre offers space for Muslim worship.
- Other facilities include a large, purpose-built nursery at the heart of the campus, plus shops offering a range of groceries, gifts, and supplies to keep students going.
- Keele Students' Union organise a range of events throughout the year. These have included the Freshers' Fair, Halloween Ball, Winterfest party, Christmas markets, and the annual summer party, WoodStoke.
- The SU supports numerous societies and encourages involvement and new societies to be set up by students.
- It was listed as a top 10 student union in the 2019 National Student Survey.
- Keele University was founded in 1949 by the former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford.
- Its founding ideology was to meet the demands of a new kind of educational society, and it still upholds the principles of community and flexible interdisciplinary study.
- HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, was Chancellor of Keele University between 1962 and 1986.
- Sir David Attenborough visited Keele University in 2019 to open its new £45m science laboratories.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Dr Maggie Atkinson − former children's commissioner for England.
- Laurence Mann − chief of staff and director at The Office of David Cameron.
- Jamie Aitchison − BAFTA winner for TV coverage of the 2012 Paralympic Games.
- Dominic Coles − former director of operations at the BBC.
- Jonty Bloom − BBC business and economics correspondent.
- Steve Jackson − co-founder, Games Workshop.
Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG