- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Keele University is situated in the heart of the UK, with a campus nestled in 600 acres of countryside in the heart of the UK. It's a big campus but with a small and cosmopolitan community. The university rates highly for student satisfaction (joint 15th of The Complete University Guide league tables 2019) and offers gold-standard teaching (TEF 2017).
UCAS Code: K12
League Table Scores
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the university.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the university.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the university.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the university.Read more
The average staffing levels at the university.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the university.Read more
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 79%
- Postgraduate 21%
Mode of study
- Full Time 79%
- Part Time 21%
Where students come from
- UK 88%
- EU 2%
- Other 10%
- Male 42%
- Female 58%
Type of Qualification:
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
- The library on campus offers fantastic facilities and study space, open 24/7. The campus library, and separate health library, both offer free Wi-Fi, excellent support, a choice of study spaces and access to extensive print and online resources.
- The Jobshop, based in KeeleSU, is a free service that advertises part-time, temporary and graduate jobs.
- The university also has a paid student ambassador scheme where students represent the university at events, with flexible working hours that fit around their studies.
- The Careers and Employability team offer students guidance and advice from their base in the library.
- With a Well Pharmacy on campus, students can access everything they need to keep well and healthy.
- The counselling and mental health support team includes professionally trained and experienced counsellors and mental health practitioners. They'll listen without judgement, creating a space where students can talk about their emotions. They will also refer students on to other sources of help if they feel it's needed.
- If Keele is a first choice university for a student with a physical and/or sensory disability, severe mental health issues, or on the autistic spectrum, a suitable room on campus is guaranteed for the duration of their course. Accommodation includes specially adapted ground-floor rooms and kitchens.
- The Disability and Dyslexia support team provides ongoing support for individual student needs and can arrange a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) assessment.
- Please refer to the university website for details of disability support and to contact an adviser.
Other services and facilities
- An ecumenical chapel provides a focus for different styles of Christian worship. The Islamic Centre offers space for Muslim worship.
- Other facilities include a large, purpose-built nursery at the heart of the campus, plus shops offering a range of groceries, gifts, and supplies to keep students going.
- Keele SU organises events throughout the year; these have included the Freshers' Fair, Halloween Ball, Winterfest party, Christmas markets, and the annual summer party, WoodStoke.
- KeeleSU has hosted six Brit-nominated artists (Tinie Tempah, Example, Professor Green, Rizzle Kicks, Ed Sheeran and Chase & Status).
- The SU was crowned 'Best Bar None' Gold award for 2016 and 2017 as regional winner.
- The institution was founded in 1949 and granted university status in 1962.
- The founding ideology of Keele University was to meet the demands of a new kind of educational society and it still upholds the principles of community and flexible interdisciplinary study.
- HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon was Chancellor of Keele University between 1962 and 1986.
- With over 600 acres, Keele University has the largest single-site campus in the UK.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Dr Maggie Atkinson − former Children’s Commissioner for England.
- Laurence Mann − Chief of Staff and Director at The Office of David Cameron.
- Jamie Aitchison − BAFTA winner TV coverage of 2012 Paralympic Games.
- Dominic Coles − former Director of Operations at the BBC.
- Jonty Bloom − BBC Business and Economics Correspondent.
- Steve Jackson − Co-founder Games Workshop.
Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire , ST5 5BG