- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Keele University offers a wide range of courses to set students on track for their future. It provides excellent support and facilities for international students, both academically and socially. Keele is a close knit and friendly community on one of the largest and most attractive campuses in Europe, with lakes, woodlands and extensive sports facilities.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,995 international students in 2016–17
- At selected times of the year, Keele International Student Support operates a free Meet and Greet airport collection service. Student ambassadors ensure that students arriving in the UK for the first time are safely transported to Keele campus and, if living off site, direct them to the appropriate public transport.
- Keele offers a Welcome Programme for international students, alongside the university's Welcome Week for new starters.
English Language Requirements
Most undergraduate courses require the following level of English for year one entry:
- GCSE English Language grade C, or IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each subtest, or Toefl IBT 80 with listening 17, reading 18, speaking 20, writing 17 (minimum scores).
Some subjects require a higher level of English:
- Law – IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in each subtest.
- Medicine – IELTS 7.0 with 7.0 in each subtest.
- Physiotherapy, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science, Technology and Business – IELTS 7.0 with 6.5 in each subtest.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed a room for the entire duration of their full-time study. All rooms are furnished (with bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, bedside cabinet, desk and lamp) and are heated.
- Keele does not offer family accommodation. Students whose family is accompanying them to Keele will probably have to look for accommodation in the surrounding area. Keele has a few small flats for single-parent families only.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.