- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
Keele University's rural campus community provides an environment for postgraduate students that is focused, relevant and mature. Students will have full access to respected academics, and will benefit from a reputation for excellence in research.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,200 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 32%
- Part Time 68%
- UK 87%
- EU 3%
- Other 10%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||15||460||480|
|Business & Management Studies||20||90||110|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||15||20|
|Accounting & Finance||0||20||20|
|Physics & Astronomy||15||0||15|
|Anatomy & Physiology||5||5||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||5||10|
|Russian & East European Languages||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The following are for UK/EU students taking a taught postgraduate course at Keele:
- The Keele Alumni Discount: a £1,000 tuition fee waiver for Keele alumni on courses of at least 120 credits, this may be offered pro-rata for some lower credit courses if study within the academic year exceeds 40 credits.
- The Keele Graduate Scholarship: a £500 tuition fee waiver for students who attained a 1st class honours in their first degree.
- The Keele Access Scholarship: a £850 tuition fee waiver for students from backgrounds with low participation in higher education.
- Please refer to the university website for further details of scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university provides accommodation for full-time postgraduate students enrolling in September.
- Part-time student and those starting at different times of the year may need to live off campus; the university can assist with finding off campus accommodation.