- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Keele University's rural campus community provides postgraduate students with an environment that is focused, relevant and mature. Students have full access to respected academics, and will benefit from Keele's reputation for excellence in research. One of the few universities with a Postgraduate Association (KPA) to represent and support postgraduate students, including an on-campus clubhouse to study, relax and interact with peers and academics over a meal and drink.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,361 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 31%
- Part Time 69%
- UK 89%
- EU 3%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||20||605||625|
|Business & Management Studies||15||75||90|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||25||35|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||25||35|
|Anatomy & Physiology||15||5||20|
|Accounting & Finance||0||15||15|
|Physics & Astronomy||5||0||5|
|Russian & East European Languages||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The following are for UK/EU students taking a taught postgraduate course at Keele (2019 entry); please refer to the university website for details or contact the university admissions team.
- The Keele Alumni Discount: 20% tuition fee discount for Keele alumni studying a taught postgraduate course at Keele University of at least 120 credits. Offered pro-rata for some lower credit courses.
- The Keele Graduate Scholarship: a £500 tuition fee waiver for students who attained a 1st class honours in their first degree.
- The Keele Access Scholarship: a £850 tuition fee waiver for students from backgrounds with low participation in higher education.
- Care Leavers and Estranged Students' Bursary: £1000 per year to undergraduate and postgraduate taught students who have left the care of their local authority or are irreconcilably estranged from their families and meet the relevant eligibility criteria. Upon completing their degrees, recipients are awarded another £500.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university provides accommodation for full-time postgraduate students enrolling in September.
- Part-time student and those starting at different times of the year may need to live off campus; the university can assist with finding off campus accommodation.