University of Kent
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- To help students settle in, the university holds a special Welcome Week in September at the beginning of the academic year. This includes a greeting at the airport, lots of welcome events, and trips to see local tourist attractions. The Welcome Week takes place before the start of the term's lectures and seminars so students have time to relax and make friends.
- Academic schools also host activities during Welcome Week to prepare students for their studies. Events include campus tours, themed evenings and sporting events.
- For students whose programme starts in January, the university will greet them at the airport and arrange a programme of welcome events for them to enjoy.
English Language Requirements
- English language requirements are dependant on the student's intended level of study and their choice of degree.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students who apply before the specified deadline and meet all of the eligibility criteria will be offered university accommodation.
- Students at the Canterbury campus are offered university accommodation for their first year.
- Students at the Medway campus can apply for accommodation for every year of their study at the university, providing they meet the eligibility criteria and subject to availability.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.