- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Kent is known for its academic excellence, strong research and Gold-rated teaching (TEF 2017); its students can be confident of a great education and memorable experience. Students from 159 nationalities study across the university's six UK and European locations. 15% of students and 40% of teaching staff are from overseas, and its campuses and centres are welcoming and inspiring places to study.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
5,770 international students in 2017–18
- To help all new students arriving in September to settle in, the university holds Welcome Week before the term starts, so that students have time to relax and make friends. There is also a programme of welcome events for students whose courses start in January.
- University staff and student ambassadors greet new students at Heathrow and Gatwick airports, to help them with their journey to the Canterbury and Medway campuses. Students can pair up with a travel buddy if they wish. Once on campus, friendly Welcome Helpers will help students move into their accommodation.
- During Welcome Week there are specific events for international students, and academic schools host activities to prepare students for their studies. Events include welcome talks, visits to local tourist attractions, campus tours, themed evenings and sporting events.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the university website for details of the English language requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university does not guarantee accommodation. International students who apply before the specified deadline and meet all of the eligibility criteria will be offered university accommodation.
- Students at the Canterbury campus are offered university accommodation for their first year. Subject to availability, students at the Medway campus can apply for accommodation for every year of their study at the university, providing they meet the eligibility criteria.
- The university does not provide accommodation for students' families, but does offer help and advice in finding off-campus accommodation.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a number of scholarships to international students for entry at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Please refer to the university website for details, including a scholarship search tool.
- The university administers US Federal Direct loans, US private loans and US Veterans Educational Benefits (or GI Bill) for students from the United States.
- The university's International team coordinate Global Hangouts throughout the academic year. Global Hangouts are free social events for all students, with live music, activities and refreshments. Students are also encouraged to run their own cultural events throughout the year.