- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Kent offers postgraduate study both in the UK and at its specialist centres in Athens, Brussels, Paris and Rome. Students can study for postgraduate certificates, master's or a PhD – and some programmes are available through distance learning. The University has a £12.2 million postgraduate scholarship fund and a vibrant Graduate School.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,919 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 67%
- Part Time 33%
- UK 62%
- EU 11%
- Other 27%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||10||365||375|
|Accounting & Finance||20||255||275|
|Business & Management Studies||25||200||225|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||75||30||105|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||30||50||85|
|Physics & Astronomy||30||5||35|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||30||30|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||10||15||25|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||20||20|
|Theology & Religious Studies||15||10||20|
|Classics & Ancient History||0||20||20|
|Art & Design||5||10||15|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||15||15|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The University of Kent's £12.2 million postgraduate scholarship fund allows it to support excellence. Postgraduate funding support includes:
- University research scholarships and Study Abroad scholarships.
- Excellence in sport and music scholarships.
- Named awards from donors.
- Discounts for Kent graduates.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university does not guarantee accommodation. Full-time postgraduate students will be offered a room if they meet all of the eligibility criteria and apply by the specified deadline.
- The university has dedicated postgraduate accommodation and offers a number of choices to meet the student's budget and other needs.
- For students with families, or those who want to live in a non-shared house, the university has collated useful information about suitable accommodation, schooling, the local area and more. Please refer to the university website for details.