King's College London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
King's College London is recognised for the global influence of its research and innovation, ranked 31st in the world (QS World University Rankings 2019). Its high-quality research creates the perfect environment for students to develop their passion with some of the best academic minds in the world. PhD completion rates at King's are among the highest in the country and, with the Centre for Doctoral Studies, students can be sure to receive the best support to ensure success.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
13,343 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 62%
- EU 11%
- Other 28%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Accounting & Finance||0||470||470|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||95||370||465|
|Anatomy & Physiology||90||285||375|
|Geography & Environmental Science||60||255||320|
|Librarianship & Information Management||15||300||315|
|Business & Management Studies||55||200||255|
|Communication & Media Studies||55||130||185|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||50||90||135|
|Theology & Religious Studies||55||50||105|
|Physics & Astronomy||65||35||100|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||95||95|
|Classics & Ancient History||40||35||75|
|East & South Asian Studies||30||40||70|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||20||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- King's offers a wide range of funding opportunities for taught programmes and research degrees throughout the year for home students. Please refer to the university website's postgraduate funding database.
- The Centre for Doctoral Studies helps students interested in postgraduate research secure funding by providing advice and administering a range of funding opportunities, scholarships, and studentships. Funding opportunities can include fully-funded scholarships, one-off awards or grants, projects or programmes funded by a Research Council or other major funding body, and scholarships aimed at students from specific countries.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All postgraduate full-time offer holders are guaranteed to be offered a place in one of the King's residences, as long as they apply before the deadline as outlined on the King's Residences website.