King's College London
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
King's is ranked in the top 25 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2017) and is recognised for the global influence of its research and innovation. 84% of its research is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent (REF2014), creating the perfect environment for students to develop their passion with some of the best academic minds in the world. PhD completion rates at King's are among the highest in the country and, with the Centre for Doctoral Studies, students can be sure to receive the best support to ensure success.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
12,315 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 62%
- EU 11%
- Other 27%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||100||400||500|
|Anatomy & Physiology||85||250||335|
|Accounting & Finance||0||305||305|
|Geography & Environmental Science||65||215||280|
|Librarianship & Information Management||15||260||275|
|Business & Management Studies||50||190||240|
|Communication & Media Studies||50||145||195|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||45||70||115|
|Theology & Religious Studies||60||55||115|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||85||85|
|Classics & Ancient History||35||35||70|
|East & South Asian Studies||35||35||70|
|Physics & Astronomy||55||10||65|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||10||15|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The King’s Graduate School administers/offers a range of postgraduate studentships and bursaries for both masters and doctoral/PhD courses.
- Possible funding opportunities can include: fully-funded scholarships; one-off awards/grants; projects or programmes funded by a Research Council or other major funding body; and scholarships aimed at students from specific countries.
- Postgraduate taught scholarships include International Scholarships, each worth £25,000 for any master’s courses to international students.
- Please refer to the university website for the searchable online postgraduate funding database.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All postgraduate full-time offer holders are guaranteed to be offered a place in one of the King's Residence, as long as they apply before the deadline as outlined on the King's Residences website.