- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Kingston University is a diverse and multicultural university – and one of the top for graduate start-up businesses. Located in one of the safest boroughs in London, it provides modern resources and cutting-edge facilities.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,405 international students in 2017–18
- The university offers a free airport pick-up service for students whose accommodation is in the local area.
- An 'International Arrivals Lounge' provides a chance to meet other students, use university facilities, collect a free lunch pack and phone home for free.
- An International Orientation introduces students to the university and Kingston upon Thames, helping familiarise them with their new surroundings and provide important information.
- Please refer to the university website where there is a section dedicated to international students, with helpful pre-arrival and welcome information.
English Language Requirements
- Most degree courses at Kingston University require a minimum Academic IELTS score of 6.0–6.5 overall (with no element lower than 5.5). IELTS is preferred, however the university does accept a other English language qualifications including TOEFL iBT and the Pearson Test of English Academic.
- Kingston University runs a very successful pre-sessional English course for students who don't have the level of English language required for their course – or for those who do, but wish to improve their English.
Accommodation for International Students
- Kingston guarantees an offer of accommodation for all new full-time international undergraduate students and first-year international postgraduate students.
- International students are allocated flats evenly across the university's accommodation, and are mixed regardless of course, gender and nationality.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university offers a range of awards for international students. The following are a selection, please refer to the university website for details.
- International Postgraduate Scholarship: £2,000 towards tuition fees available for international applicants with overseas fees status, September intake only.
- Postgraduate Progression Scholarship: 15% reduction in postgraduate programme tuition fees for undergraduate students completing their degree at Kingston University in 2018–19 and enrolling on a postgraduate degree in the 2019–20 academic year. This cannot be combined with the Alumni discount.
- Kingston School of Art Sino-British Fellowship Trust: up to £10,000 to support individual or cooperative research projects undertaken in Britain or China or both.
- International students can use the services available to all Kingston University students, including the Careers and Employability Service for job hunting and careers advice, the university health centre and – for those with children – the university nursery. Support is also given to those students with a disability, and financial advice is available from the Student Funds team.
- The Union of Kingston Students organises Freshers' activities for all new students each year, and there are a wide range of faith groups.