- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Kingston University is proud to be truly diverse, with over 3,500 international students from 154 different nations, lending to a learning environment that is enriched with global views, experiences and skills.
- One of the safest and happiest places to live in London (Metropolitan Police and Rightmove).
- Only 25 minutes by train from central London.
- Attractive riverside location on the River Thames.
- Diverse and multicultural student and staff body.
- One of the top two universities in the UK for graduate start-ups.
- Career-focussed courses.
- Modern resources and facilities.
- A supportive community.
- Teaching excellence.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- Most degree courses at Kingston University require a minimum Academic IELTS of 6.0-6.5 (with no element lower than 5.5).
- Although we prefer IELTS, we do accept a variety of other English language qualifications, including TOEFL iBT and the Pearson Test of English Academic.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Kingston University awards more than £200,000 worth of partial scholarships to international students* every year. Each scholarship is worth £4,000 per year of study.
In addition to this, Kingston offers a 10% discount off tuition fees for international students who are:
- Applying for a full-time programme.
- Returning to Kingston University after successfully completing a programme here.*
- Have a family connection to Kingston University.*
- Have completed an international exchange, Study Abroad or international Summer School programme at Kingston University* (*conditions apply).
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- Kingston University offers a special International Arrivals and Orientation programme that includes everything from a free airport pick-up service and social events, to useful seminars about studying in the UK, and help with opening a bank account and registering with the NHS.
- Prior to arrival our international students receive support through a pre-arrival webinar, a pre-intake Facebook page where students can meet other students and keep up-to-date with the activities on offer, and a series of emails relating to everything students need to know before they leave for the UK.
Accommodation for International Students
- Kingston University has a range of high-quality halls of residence that are located close to or on the campuses and suit a wide range of budgets.
- For students who wish to live independently in a flat or a house there is a strong private rented sector in Kingston and the surrounding areas, with a good range of properties available.
- Our Accommodation Service offers a free and friendly service to help you find the right place to live during your studies, including a student-to-student notice board to help you find flatmates, a property vacancy list and a list of local letting agents, as well as help and advice with housing issues.
- All international students who apply for halls accommodation by August (date to be confirmed) are guaranteed an offer of accommodation in their first year of study (providing they meet our eligibility criteria).
- University accommodation is self-catering, with free internet access.
- International students are allocated flats evenly across the university's accommodation, and mixed regardless of course, gender and nationality.
- Kingston is a split-campus university, with halls located within close proximity of or on the study sites.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Fees for standard halls £111.25–139.50 per week (2015–16).
Organisations for International Students
We have a wide range of student clubs, societies and interest groups that may be of interest to international students. These include:
- Connect UK International Society
- Fashion Society
- Islamic Society
- French Society
- Hindu Society
- Scandinavian Society