- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Kingston University is one of the most diverse and multicultural universities – and one of the top for graduate start-up businesses. It provides modern resources and cutting-edge facilities and is located in one of the safest boroughs in London.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
4,380 international students in 2016–17
- Please refer to the university website where there is a section dedicated to international students, with helpful pre-arrival and welcome information.
- The university offers a free airport pick-up service for students whose accommodation is in the local area.
- An 'International Arrivals Lounge' provides a chance to meet other students, use university facilities, collect a free lunch pack and phone home for free.
- An International Orientation introduces students to the university and Kingston upon Thames, helping familiarise them with their new surroundings and provide important information.
English Language Requirements
- Most degree courses at Kingston University require a minimum Academic IELTS of 6.0–6.5 (with no element lower than 5.5).
- Although IELTS is preferred, the university does accept a variety of other English language qualifications, including TOEFL iBT and the Pearson Test of English Academic.
- Kingston University runs a very successful pre-sessional English course for students who don't have the level of English Language required for their course – or for those who do, but wish to improve their English.
Accommodation for International Students
- Kingston guarantees an offer of accommodation for all new full-time international undergraduate students and first-year international postgraduate students.
- International students are allocated flats evenly across the university's accommodation, and are mixed regardless of course, gender and nationality.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Please refer to the University website for further details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.