Campus and Crime Map

Student Accommodation

  • Kingston has 2,574 rooms available in halls of residence which are allocated to eligible students on a first-come, first-served basis; priority is given to disabled students who are recommended by a disability adviser, and students who are identified as care leavers who do not have access to other accommodation.
  • Halls offer single, furnished study bedrooms in flats with up to 8 other students, and include shared kitchen facilities. 82% of rooms have en-suite facilities with the remaining 18% of rooms sharing bathroom facilities with the other students in the flat. All rooms are non-smoking and have Internet access.

Accommodation Costs

Kingston University

Number of university/college beds 3,577
Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation £5,200–£5,800
Typical annual cost of private accommodation £5,100–£6,000

Living Here

  • Kingston University is based in Kingston upon Thames, a busy riverside town on the borders of London and Surrey and right next to the River Thames.
  • Students can take a break from their studies to enjoy shopping, clubbing, eating, running, rowing and sightseeing; and with central London just a 25-minute train ride away, students can take advantage of all it offers, from arts and culture to job and career opportunities.

Getting Around

  • The Penrhyn Road and Knights Park campuses are a 5-minute walk from the centre of Kingston upon Thames. The Kingston Hill campus is about 3 miles outside of town, close to Richmond Park, and Roehampton Vale campus is about 4 miles outside of town. The latter two campuses are closer to Putney and Wimbledon.
  • There is a free bus service for students, staff and visitors, which operates between the halls of residence, campuses, Putney station and Wimbledon station.
  • Kingston and Norbiton train stations are the main transport options into central London. There are also a number of bus routes that serve Kingston.

Culture and Nightlife

  • Kingston upon Thames boasts a beautiful riverside location and gorgeous green spaces. The shopping plazas, markets and independent shops cover all the essentials and treats, and there are many restaurants and cafés for a bite to eat.
  • Kingston's history and creativity can be discovered through heritage sites, museums and galleries as well as theatre and music venues such as the Rose Theatre and Banquet Records.
  • At night Kingston transforms into a haven for party-goers, with popular bars and nightclubs. There's something for everyone, especially students.