- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Kingston University is a modern and supportive university based across four campuses, providing a wide range of postgraduate taught and research degrees. Kingston offers people from all backgrounds and countries (140 at the last count) the opportunity to make a difference – not only to their own lives, but also to the world around them. Courses are developed through close links to professional organisations and practitioners, ensuring their relevance to today's business environment and with a real emphasis on work-based skills.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,008 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 57%
- Part Time 43%
- UK 69%
- EU 6%
- Other 25%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||55||500||555|
|Art & Design||5||185||195|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||95||105|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||85||90|
|Accounting & Finance||0||80||80|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||65||70|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||60||65|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||45||50|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||45||45|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||20||15||35|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||25||25|
|Anatomy & Physiology||10||0||10|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate scholarships include a number of course-specific scholarships. Please refer to the university website for details.
- Alumni discount (Home and EU undergraduate students): a 10% discount on full-time and part-time postgraduate degree course tuition fees. There is also an annual fee discount of 50% of fees up to £3,000 on one-year full-time, or two-year part-time master's programmes for graduates with a first class honours or 2:1 undergraduate degree.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All full-time postgraduate students are eligible to book a room in Kingston University's halls of residence.
- The university works with a number of approved private providers to ensure alternative accommodation is available, in the unlikely event that its own halls are fully occupied.