- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Study Kingston's innovative postgraduate programmes to enhance your career with courses closely linked with business and industry; ensure your success with high quality teaching; and improve your job prospects whether straight from your first degree or returning to study after working.
- Kingston University's postgraduate degrees are taught by experts able to dedicate themselves to their field. Students have access to comprehensive and convenient resources and support, with each of our faculties operating as a hub of expertise.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 4,935 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 66%
- EU 8%
- Other 25%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||42||958||1000|
|Creative arts & design||35||480||515|
|Subjects allied to medicine||41||453||494|
|Engineering & technology||35||430||465|
|Architecture, building & planning||8||217||225|
|Historical & philosophical studies||34||164||198|
|Mass communications & documentation||11||71||82|
|Medicine & dentistry||1||0||1|
- Banking and finance
- Architecture and landscape
- Art and design
- Computing and information systems;
- Creative industries & the creative economy
- Digital media
- History and politics
- Geography, geology and the environment
- Health and social care;
- Human resource management and business psychology
- Life sciences
- Management (general) and business research programmes
- Marketing and communications
- Mathematics; performance and screen studies
- Pharmacy and chemistry
- Psychology, criminology and sociology
- Work-based learning
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate scholarships for both Home/EU and international students.
- New postgraduate loans of up to £10,000 through the Student Loans Company.
- 10% discount on full-time and part-time postgraduate degree course tuition fees to alumni (who have completed an undergraduate course with us) for home/EU fee status students.
- Alumni discount for international students is also available – further information can be found on the international fees and funding web pages.
- Support and loans are offered to teacher training (PGCE) students. You may also be eligible for extra help if you have dependents.
- Bursaries are available for some students following the qualifying Master of Social Work (MSW) programme.
- Disabled students may qualify for additional financial support through the Disabled Students' Allowance. This can provide extra help with specialist equipment; non-medical helpers, such as sign-language interpreters; and additional travel costs.