- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Kingston University's innovative postgraduate programmes and close links with business and industry focus on students' career and development needs. The university's supportive environment, high-quality teaching and modern resources helps students make the most of their time, with students benefitting from the university's excellent employment record.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,540 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 57%
- Part Time 43%
- UK 69%
- EU 8%
- Other 23%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||60||595||655|
|Art & Design||10||175||180|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||95||100|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||95||100|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||15||70||85|
|Accounting & Finance||0||80||80|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||75||80|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||60||70|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||50||55|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||50||55|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||25||30|
|Anatomy & Physiology||10||0||10|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and ScholarshipsPostgraduate scholarships are available for both Home, EU and international students, including a number of course-specific scholarships. Please refer to the university website for details – the following are a selection.
- Home and EU alumni of undergraduate courses are given a 10% discount on full-time and part-time postgraduate degree course tuition fees. There is also an annual fee discount of 50% of fees up to £3,000 on one-year full-time, or two-year part-time masters programmes for home/EU applications with a first class honours or 2:1 undergraduate degree.
- An alumni discount for international students is also available; please refer to the university website for international fees and funding information.
- Support and loans are offered to teacher training (PGCE) students. Students with dependents may also be eligible for extra help and bursaries are available for some students following the qualifying Master of Social Work (MSW) programme.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All full-time postgraduate students are eligible to book a room in Kingston University's halls of residence; all new full-time first year international postgraduate students are guaranteed an offer of accommodation.
- The university works with a number of approved private providers to ensure alternative accommodation is available, in the unlikely event that its own halls are fully occupied.