- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university runs a full week of introductory activities to help students settle into life at Lancaster.
- Please refer to the guide for new students on the university website.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.5 minimum – some courses have higher requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- Lancaster University guarantees a room on campus to all students during the first year providing they firmly accept the Lancaster offer before the relevant deadline, and apply for acommodation by the specified date.
- The award-winning accommodation includes a wide range of room types. Most residences are self-catering but there are a small number of catered accommodation options, and Internet access is provided.
- International students are spread throughout the halls of residence, rather than clustered together, helping students make British friends along with friends from all over the world.
- Accommodation is located on-campus, so lecture theatres, the library, coffee shops and restaurants are all only a short walk away.
- Accommodation contracts are usually for a minimum of 40 weeks; a small number of catered rooms are let on a 36 week contract.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.