- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university runs a full week of introductory activities to help students settle into life at Lancaster.
- Please refer to the guide for new students on the university website.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.5 minimum – some courses have higher requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- Lancaster University guarantees a room on campus to all students during the first year providing they firmly accept the Lancaster offer before the relevant deadline, and apply for accommodation by the specified date.
- The award-winning accommodation includes a wide range of room types. Most residences are self-catering but there are a small number of catered accommodation options, and Internet access is provided.
- International students are spread throughout the halls of residence, rather than clustered together, helping students make British friends along with friends from all over the world.
- Accommodation is located on-campus, so lecture theatres, the library, coffee shops and restaurants are all only a short walk away.
- Accommodation contracts are usually for a minimum of 40 weeks; a small number of catered rooms are let on a 36 week contract.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.