- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Lancaster University is home to a dynamic postgraduate community. The university offers taught master's degrees, such as MSc, MA and MBA, across a wide range of subject fields. Through its postgraduate research programmes it aims to support and pursue research at the highest international level, offering a vibrant, multidisciplinary research environment for all.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,925 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 55%
- EU 12%
- Other 33%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||60||620||680|
|Geography & Environmental Science||120||130||245|
|Accounting & Finance||15||210||225|
|Physics & Astronomy||75||0||75|
|Art & Design||35||25||60|
|Theology & Religious Studies||20||20||40|
|Librarianship & Information Management||10||5||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||0||5|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students can choose from a huge range of accommodation options across campus, dependent on personal requirements.
- No matter where students chose to live they will have access to the dedicated Graduate College and all postgraduate facilities.
- For students preferring to live in the city of Lancaster, a university-approved list of properties can help them find the perfect living option.