Leeds Arts University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Leeds Arts University is a small and friendly University with 170 years history in teaching the arts. Leeds was named the UK’s Best Student City by The Independent (2016), and warmly welcomes international students bringing new ideas, diversity and wider perspectives.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
265 international students in 2017–18
- The university offers a meet and greet service from Leeds Bradford Airport and Leeds City Railway Station. The first day on campus will be the International Welcome Day, followed by Course Induction Week.
- Please refer to the Leeds Arts University website for details.
English Language Requirements
If students are unsure whether their current English qualification is suitable, they are asked to contact the university's International Office for advice. Students automatically meet the English language requirements if they:
- Are a national of a majority English speaking country, with English language GCSE at grade C/4 (or equivalent); or
- Pass an English language test approved by UKVI at the appropriate level; or
- Hold a degree taught in English, equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree or above; or
- Hold an international qualification (for example the IB Diploma or A Levels) taught in English.
- Have completed the HKDSE Core English with a minimum score of 3.
Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for all international students who firmly accept their place and complete the accommodation booking form before the deadline. Please refer to the university website for details.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- International Undergraduate scholarships (seven available): a £2,000 discount in tuition fees for the first year of study.
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarship (five available): a £3,000 reduction in tuition fees, awarded by a panel of staff.
- International Studio Space Scholarship: All international students will get a dedicated creative studio space.
- International Progression Award: a £1,750 reduction in the advertised postgraduate fee per year of study, for non UK/EU fee-paying students, progressing from a Leeds Arts University BA (Hons) degree.
- International students may require a little extra help, so the International Office and Student Welfare team offer information, advice, support and guidance on a variety of issues. These include immigration procedure and travelling to the UK; accommodation in Leeds, plus health and insurance; police registration on arrival; financial matters, and working in the UK.
- Free English language support is provided to all international students throughout the academic year by the university's dedicated EAL tutor.