- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
International students are an important part of the Leeds Beckett community. The university has a diverse body of students drawn from 143 countries and territories around the world. Leeds Beckett University gained silver status in the Teaching Excellence Framework, building on a long and successful history stretching back almost 200 years.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,575 international students in 2017–18
- Leeds Beckett offers an airport meet and greet service at Leeds Bradford International Airport to assist students with the final part of their journey and help settle into their accommodation.
- International students receive a bespoke induction and welcome week to assist with visas, banking, campus tours, and registration on the Leeds Beckett registration app.
- The International Social Network and Leeds Beckett Buddies programme help international students settle into life at Leeds Beckett University. The International Social Network keeps students up-to-date on social activities, clubs, societies other university events, as well as part-time job opportunities. The Leeds Beckett Buddies programme provides international students with one-to-one support and advice from current international and UK students when they arrive on campus.
English Language Requirements
Students require good verbal and written English skills to benefit from their course, evidenced by a recognised language test such as IELTS, Pearson Test of English Academic or Cambridge English Advanced (CAE).
- Most courses at Leeds Beckett University require the equivalent of IELTS 6.0 (with no skill below 5.5) or equivalent.
- Pre-sessional courses are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees from 5–20 weeks to help students achieve the required level of English to study.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed a place in university accommodation if they apply within the specified booking period; if students apply outside this period, the university will help them to find alternative accommodation in Leeds.
- The university's modern student accommodation provide over 4,000 rooms. All university accommodation is suitable for international students, including single rooms and self-contained apartments, to meet the needs of different age groups. All are conveniently linked by excellent public transport.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Leeds Beckett University offers scholarships of up to £4,000 to help contribute towards the cost of international tuition fees. Please refer to the university website for details and eligibility criteria.
- Leeds Beckett University is committed into helping students get the most out of university life. The university offers help and guidance, including settling into life in the UK, immigration, employment, financial difficulties, childcare facilities and emotional support. Students can also contact the International Student Advice Centre for support.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.