- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Leeds Beckett University gained silver status in the Teaching Excellence Framework, building on a long and successful history stretching back almost 200 years. The university currently teaches more than 24,000 students across two stunning campuses.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,880 international students in 2016–17
- An International Social Network and Leeds Beckett Buddies programme help international students settle into life at Leeds Beckett University.
- The International Social Network keeps students up-to-date on social activities, clubs, societies and trips run by the university and other organisations, as well as part-time job opportunities, and essential information on the university, Leeds and the UK.
- The Leeds Beckett Buddies programme provides international students with one-to-one support and advice from current international and UK students when they arrive on campus.
English Language Requirements
- Students require good verbal and written English skills to benefit from their course.
- They need to demonstrate this through a recognised language test such as IELTS, Pearson Test of English Academic or Cambridge English Advanced (CAE).
- Most courses at Leeds Beckett University require the equivalent of IELTS 6.0 (with no skill below 5.5) or equivalent.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed a place in university accommodation if they apply within the specified booking period; if students apply outside this period, the university will help them to find alternative accommodation in Leeds.
- All of the university’s accommodation is suitable for international students, with over 4,000 rooms including single rooms and self-contained apartments, to meet the needs of different age groups.
- All residences are self-catered, and within easy travelling distance of campuses.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.