- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Leeds Beckett University offers over 200 postgraduate courses in a range of disciplines. Flexible study options include full-time, part-time, advanced entry and distance learning, to make postgraduate courses accessible to as many people as possible.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,954 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 34%
- Part Time 66%
- UK 90%
- EU 3%
- Other 7%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||10||395||405|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||15||145||160|
|Communication & Media Studies||30||90||120|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||90||90|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||80||80|
|Accounting & Finance||10||50||60|
|Geography & Environmental Science||40||0||40|
|Art & Design||0||35||35|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||25||25|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||5||5|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||5||5|
|Physics & Astronomy||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate students may be able to get help in the form of a scholarship, such as a Graduate Teaching Assistantship or Research Studentship. Availability will depend on the course.
- Graduates of Leeds Beckett University may be eligible for a 10% discount on postgraduate study fees.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students can apply for accommodation in any Leeds Beckett hall of residence, and there are a limited number of dedicated postgraduate flats available.
- The university also works with Unipol, a housing charity that aims to help students make informed decisions about the type of accommodation they would like to live in while studying in Leeds.
- Unipol is a good place to start if looking for accommodation in the wider private-rented sector.