Leeds City College
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Leeds City College offers a range of full- and part-time academic and vocational courses validated by Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett, and Teesside universities, and Edexcel.
UCAS Code: L21
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- The College Careers Service offers careers guidance, help and support with employability skills, guidance on additional education, and information about volunteering.
- Disability support includes one-to-one sessions, small group work, adapted materials (such as large print or taped notes), communication support workers, learning support workers, assistive technology (such as large keyboards) and assistance with motility.
- The Learning & Skills Council have provided funding for a variety of high-tech assistive equipment including magnifiers, recording devices, brailing and transcription facilities.
- Each campus has its own Learning Support department. For more information visit the Additional Learning Support page at www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/index.php/support/additional-learning-support/.
- Leeds City College Students’ Union provides student support and guidance, and gives students the chance to join clubs and societies, meet, chat and socialise.
- Leeds City College was established in 2009 following the merger of three of the city’s largest colleges – Leeds College of Technology, Leeds Thomas Danby, and Park Lane College Leeds & Keighley.
- In 2011, it merged again with Joseph Priestley College and Leeds College of Music (with Leeds College of Music continuing to operate as a separate institute).
- It is now one of the largest colleges in the country.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Spice Girl Melanie 'Mel B' Brown.
- Kay Mellor, screenwriter, Fat Friends.
- Brian Deane, former footballer, England and Leeds United.
- Angela Griffin, actress, Holby City and Cutting It.
- Brian Turner, celebrity chef.
- Adil Rashid, cricketer, Yorkshire Country Cricket Club and England.
- Jamie Jones-Buchanan, rugby player, Leeds Rhinos.
Leeds City College, Park Lane Campus, Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1AA