University of Leeds
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- For more information about all aspects of being an international student at Leeds, including fees, bursaries and details of representatives in your country who can help you make an application please visit our website.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- The English language requirement varies depending on the programme of study.
- Please take a look at the details within each course profile on the website.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Leeds offers a range of scholarships and bursaries to international students.
- Some are university-wide and others are offered by the academic schools.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- A warm welcome awaits students at the University of Leeds. Each year over 4,500 students from outside the UK choose to study here.
- The university is world-famous for its teaching and research, and situated in the heart of a vibrant and affordable, multicultural city.
- When students arrive in Leeds in September, the international welcome team runs a free 'meet and greet' service, meeting students at the airport or train station to give them all the information they need to settle in during their first few days.
Before term starts in September, international students are invited to the International Welcome Week, which is a free programme of information sessions and social events. This provides students with an excellent introduction to Leeds and includes city tours, and workshops with advice on topics such as:
- Finding the right support to help you be successful and enjoy your time in Leeds.
- Keeping safe.
- Student activities, sport and LeedsforLife.
- Introducing British culture.
- Essential study skills.
- Finding out about useful services.
The International Student Office provides information, advice and guidance on a wide range of issues, from immigration and extending visas, to settling in, and living in Leeds.
Accommodation for International Students
- Guaranteed accommodation for all first year students if deadlines are met, and we will usually be able to help those coming through clearing. The university has over 8,000 bed spaces.
- A choice of locations – on campus, close to the city centre, or further afield.
- A wide variety of accommodation – from modern apartments to converted mansions.
- A range of rents to suit different budgets.
- Rents include all energy charges and contents insurance.
- 24-hour internet access at no extra cost – including blanket wi-fi across all residences.
- A large number of en-suites for those wanting private facilities, or shared bathroom for those looking to keep costs down.
- Free membership to the university’s flagship sports centre The Edge.
- Additional facilities at many sites – common rooms, TVs, pool tables, bars, some even have their own gym.
- Continued investment to enhance facilities for students.
- Social and sporting activities organised by students, for students.
- The university is a founding member of the ANUK National Code of Standards, which is a quality guide for student accommodation and fully approved by the National Union of Students (NUS).