- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Leeds welcomes more than 9,000 international students from over 170 countries each year, making its campus one of the most diverse and multicultural in the UK. Students enrolling at the university join a community of outstanding academics. The University of Leeds is part of the Worldwide Universities Network which comprises 16 research intensive institutions, addressing issues of global significance.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
6,780 international students in 2017–18
- The university has a range of services and events to welcome international students during September.
- These include welcome talks and international welcome packs, a meet and greet service, an international student information point, international Welcome Week, and international student orientation sessions. Please refer to the university website to find out more information and the dates of these services.
- Students arriving outside of the September welcome period can pick up their welcome pack from the International Student Support teams at any time. The university also offers short welcome and orientation sessions throughout the year, and can help answer any questions students may have.
English Language Requirements
For English language entry requirements please visit the University of Leeds website.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees single accommodation for international undergraduates for the duration of their course, as long as they apply by the deadline. Restrictions apply.
- University accommodation is guaranteed to all new single postgraduate students paying international fees who apply before the deadline.
- Please refer to the university website for more information.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.