University of Leeds
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- There are a number of residences just for postgraduate and mature students, ideal for those who want to live in a postgraduate environment.
- University accommodation is guaranteed to all new single postgraduate students paying international fees who apply before the deadline. Please visit the University of Leeds website for more information.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please visit the University of Leeds website for more information on postgraduate funding.
- The University of Leeds is one of the largest research-based institutions in the UK providing a rich, stimulating and exciting environment in which to learn.
- The university is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities, and a member of the Worldwide Universities Network, a partnership of universities working together to drive international research collaboration and address issues of global significance.
- It was ranked as a top 10 UK university in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework for research power, and 80% of its research is 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent'.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
8,223 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 68%
- Part Time 32%
- UK 54%
- EU 6%
- Other 40%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||105||1300||1400|
|Engineering & technology||560||400||955|
|Subjects allied to medicine||85||780||860|
|Medicine & dentistry||250||215||470|
|Mass communications & documentation||40||250||290|
|Historical & philosophical studies||130||140||270|
|Creative arts & design||75||165||240|
|Agriculture & related subjects||45||70||115|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||70||70|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.