- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Leicester College offers over 100 higher education courses from 3 city-centre campuses and more than 80 community venues. It is a partner college of De Montfort University
UCAS Code: L36
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- Leicester College Careers Advisers help with all areas of job search for part-time work, including help with CVs, application forms and interview techniques.
- Part-time jobs are advertised at all campuses.
- Weekly job clubs are held at Abbey Park Campus and at the Bede Island. These job clubs are set in a confidential environment, where learners have access to resources and support from qualified careers staff.
- The college has a Matrix accredited careers service. Advice is available on all main campuses five days a week and through outstations. Longer sessions can be pre-booked.
- Careers advisers are available on result days, enrolment events, open days, and at drop-ins at Freemen’s Park Campus and St Margaret’s Campus.
- Career advisers provide impartial, confidential advice and help with researching careers information, job seeking, updating your CV, applying to university, and comparability of overseas qualifications.
- The careers team have produced a series of job search guides for learners and staff. They contain information to help find work.
- Each campus has a careers library within the main library, providing access to the standard reference books and resources directly related to the courses studied at each campus. A careers information database is also available on all student computers.
- Additionally there are work clubs to support students in finding the right job. The clubs offer guidance with your CV, interview skills, application forms, careers advice, volunteering opportunities and job search. In addition to the work club, there is a specific graduate work club, supporting graduates starting out on their career.
- A support team assists students with disabilities and learning difficulties.
- Assistance can include an inclusion worker for personal care, behaviour or learning support, specialist equipment, note-taking or communication support, help with transport, help with moving around college, or help with accessing the curriculum or information.
- For further information, please telephone 0116 224 2053.
- The Student Union is run by a student executive committee and acts as a voice for all students to ensure that their views are heard by college management.
- There are 23 posts which include the President, Women’s Officer, Welfare Officer, International Students’ Officer and Campaigns Officer; all have specific roles and responsibilities.
- The SU is also involved in campaigns, trips and sports activities for students.
- Leicester College was formed from the merger of Charles Keene College and Southfields College in July 1999, and has since expanded to 3 main campuses and more than 80 community venues.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Aaron Patterson – Michelin-starred chef at Hambleton Hall.
- Jane Stidever – Paralympic swimming gold medallist.
- Gok Wan – celebrity stylist.
Leicester College, Abbey Park Campus, Painter Street, Leicester, LE1 3WA