University of Leicester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
The university runs an International Welcome Week before the start of the academic year to help students settle in.
English Language Requirements
- International students need to demonstrate a good level of written and spoken English.
- The minimum entrance requirements are as follows, other tests may also be accepted: GCSE: B–C, IELTS 6.0–7.5, TOEFL: 80–110.
Accommodation for International Students
- New undergraduate international students are guaranteed a room in university-managed accommodation provided that they apply by the specified deadline in the year in which their degree begins.
- Students can choose from catered halls of residence or self-catered accommodation, with a range of rooms from standard single rooms to en-suite (own bathroom) and deluxe. Halls of Residence have free broadband internet access in study bedrooms.
- Accommodation ranges from 5–20 minute’s walk from the campus. Oadby Student Village is located 3.5km from the campus and has a shuttle bus provided during term-time – this site primarily accommodates 1st year students.
- International students are spread throughout the sites, rather than clustered together.
- During Christmas and Easter only 1 catered residence remains open for students who wish to stay during the vacations; self-catered accommodation remains open throughout. Summer vacation accommodation is also available.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.