University of Leicester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Studying for a postgraduate qualification at Leicester can give you the knowledge and expertise that can boost your career in fresh, fulfilling ways.
- Our highly-regarded qualifications will develop new skills and open new pathways in your professional life to allow you to compete alongside the world’s best.
- Postgraduate study also allows you to explore in depth those subjects that you are passionate about. At Leicester, you’ll work with our expert, world-leading, research-active academics and experience a whole new level of learning that really challenges and inspires.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 6,965 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 72%
- Part Time 28%
- UK 46%
- EU 5%
- Other 49%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||68||1273||1341|
|Mass communications & documentation||57||1078||1135|
|Medicine & dentistry||254||269||523|
|Engineering & technology||70||206||276|
|Historical & philosophical studies||100||134||234|
|Subjects allied to medicine||26||72||98|
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Our postgraduate fees vary between courses and for Home/EU and international students.
- A wide variety of scholarships and bursaries are available from the university.
- More information is on our website.
- Our accommodation for postgraduates comprises a variety of packages so you can choose a place to live that suits you and your budget.
- All accommodation sites are ideally located within easy walking distance of the main campus, the train station and the amenities of the city centre.
- The Career Development Service and Academic Support Service offer professional guidance for postgraduate students and alumni.
- They have the expertise, resources and connections to help you demonstrate and capitalise on the extra dimension postgraduate study gives you.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- You can be assured of a strong network of support.
- The Graduate School provides a university-wide framework, which supports all taught and research postgraduate students in their education, training and career enhancement. Whether you are studying on campus or by distance learning, you will be a member of our Graduate School.
- A postgraduate qualification will be challenging so our Learning Development Team also offers plenty of support if you want to refresh, extend and develop your academic skills.
- Our award-winning Students’ Union provides a warm, welcoming and friendly environment for all students. As a postgraduate you are encouraged to get involved.
- For those interested in the arts the university’s Attenborough Arts Centre has a programme of live music, spoken word and dance. It also has a diverse programme of short courses.