- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Leicester has a large number of postgraduate students. Flexible course delivery allows students to choose the course right for their circumstances. Options for postgraduate study include professional qualifications, independent research, and from on-campus taught programmes to part-time, off-campus study.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,853 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 67%
- Part Time 33%
- UK 53%
- EU 3%
- Other 43%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||70||430||500|
|Accounting & Finance||0||440||440|
|Communication & Media Studies||30||355||385|
|Librarianship & Information Management||40||305||350|
|Anatomy & Physiology||70||10||80|
|Physics & Astronomy||50||25||75|
|Geography & Environmental Science||30||35||65|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||40||40|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||20||25|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||25||25|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||20||0||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A wide variety of scholarships and bursaries are available; please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university provides accommodation for postgraduates students to suit all budgets.
- All accommodation sites are within easy walking distance of the main campus, the train station and the amenities of the city centre.