University of Lincoln
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- At Lincoln, we welcome students from around the world, offering an immersive community experience in a safe, friendly and historic city.
- The English Language Centre provides a range of support for all of our international students. Our services are designed to help students improve all areas of their English language and academic study skills.
- The university offers international students who do not meet the direct entry requirements for an undergraduate degree the option of completing the first year of their programme at the university’s International Study Centre before joining the course for the second year.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- The minimum IELTS Score is 4.0 for students who undertake the University of Lincoln Pre-Sessional English Course.
- We offer 20, 10 and 5 week Pre-Sessional English Courses.
- The minimum IELTS Score for entry onto Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses is 6.0.
- The minimum GCSE is grade C.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- At the University of Lincoln we understand the importance of investing in your future and we want to ensure that we are able to provide as much financial assistance as possible.
- That is why we have a wide number of international scholarships available. For details please visit our website.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- The University of Lincoln offer a free airport pickup service from Heathrow as well as welcome and orientation workshops.
Accommodation for International Students
- We guarantee to help all international students find accommodation at Lincoln
- All accommodation at the University of Lincoln is self-catered, with wi-fi access.
- International students are spread evenly throughout the accommodation, rather than clustered together.
- Lincoln is a city centre campus so all accommodation is between 5 to 15 minutes walk from the university itself.
- Students are not required to move out of their accommodation during the vacations.
- There is a wide range of accommodation costing between £80 to £120 per week.
Organisations for International Students
- We have many International Societies and groups where students can get involved during their time at Lincoln.