- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Lincoln is in the Complete University Guide's top 50 UK universities, offering Gold-standard teaching (Teaching Excellence Framework, 2017) with an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research. Situated in the heart of a beautiful and historic city, it is home to a vibrant international community, with students attending from over 100 countries.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,295 international students in 2017–18
- The University of Lincoln offers a free airport pickup service from Heathrow as well as welcome and orientation workshops.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.0, for entry onto undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- IELTS 4.0, for students undertaking the university's pre-sessional English course (offered in 20, 10, and 5 week lengths).
- The minimum GCSE is grade C.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees to help all international students find accommodation at Lincoln.
- All university accommodation is self-catered, with Wi-Fi access, and is 5–15 minutes' walk from the university.
- International students are spread evenly throughout the accommodation, rather than clustered together, and are not required to move out of accommodation during vacations.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers generous financial support packages to ensure that students from all backgrounds can take advantage of the education offered at Lincoln. Please refer to the university website for details.
- Located within the Student Support Centre, the International Advice team are available to help advise overseas students of their rights and responsibilities in a number of areas. These include Tier 4 visas, working whilst studying, bringing family to the UK, working after studying, Schengen visas for travelling in Europe and more.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.