Liverpool Hope University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Liverpool Hope University has international students and academics from more than 80 countries around the world. Its excellent academic record and supportive pastoral care is complemented by the beautiful setting of the campuses. An international community is formed with the university's international support team, partners and academic staff.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
180 international students in 2017–18
- Liverpool Hope University sends pre-departure information for students to read before they leave home.
- Students have the option of being met at the airport and escorted to the university. Students are given a welcome pack on arrival containing campus maps and local information.
- The International Unit hold a welcome meeting and provides an orientation programme, including library induction, campus tours and city tours.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate: either IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 6.0 in reading and writing, and no individual score lower than 5.5); or Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English, pass at ISEIII or above.
- Postgraduate: either IELTS 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in reading and writing, and no individual score lower than 6.0); or Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English, pass at ISEIV or above.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university aims to house all international students (except for international exchange students) in self-catered university accommodation, subject to an early application and availability.
- International undergraduate students can apply for any halls on any campus. Students may apply for a room move after arrival if they wish to live in a different flat or campus.
- Students have their room for the entire academic year, only moving out at the start of the summer vacation.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Liverpool Hope offer a generous programme of scholarships to encourage applications from international students with high academic qualifications who will benefit from study in the UK. Please refer to the university website for the full list and details.
- Early Payment Discount: £1,000 for undergraduate applicants who make the early payment and are either paying full fees or only in receipt of the Undergraduate Excellence Bursary (£500).
- International Excellence Bursary: a £3,000 tuition fee reduction for postgraduate applicants who have achieved an equivalent to 2.1 or above in their undergraduate degree.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship: applicants for MA Disability Studies and MSc Ecology and Environmental Management can earn a scholarship for full tuition fees, return airfares and a monthly allowance.
- The Liverpool Hope International Hub team offers support throughout the student journey, from choosing a course and booking accommodation, to arriving and making new friends. Once on their course, students can get ongoing help and advice with learning support, finances, illness, emotional issues and travel.
- The Hub helps students to celebrate their own culture by holding a number of events throughout the year, such as Diwali, American Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year and a fantastic International Culture Carnival. Trips and events are also planned throughout a student's first year.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.