Liverpool Hope University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Liverpool Hope University has international students from more than 80 countries around the world. Its excellent academic record and supportive pastoral care is complemented by the beautiful setting of the campuses. An international community is formed with the university's international partners and excellent academics.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
150 international students in 2016–17
- Liverpool Hope University sends pre-departure information for students to read before they leave home.
- Students have the option of being met at the airport and escorted to the university.
- Students are given a welcome pack on arrival containing campus maps and local information.
- The International Unit hold a welcome meeting and provides an orientation programme, including library induction, campus and city tours and a programme of trips and events.
English Language Requirements
- All Liverpool Hope University programmes are taught and assessed in English.
- Undergraduate: either IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in reading and writing, and no individual score lower than 5.5; or Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English, pass at ISEIII or above.
- Postgraduate: either IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in reading and writing, and no individual score lower than 6.0; or Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English, pass at ISEIV or above.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university aims to house all international students (except for International Exchange students) in university accommodation, subject to an early application and availability.
- International undergraduate students can apply for any halls on any campus. Students may apply for a room move after arrival if they wish to live in a different flat or campus.
- Undergraduate halls are on-site at Hope Park and at the Creative Campus. Other students living at Aigburth Park (accommodation only campus) have a 15 minute free university shuttle-bus ride to Hope Park or the Creative Campus.
- All university accommodation is self-catered; there are also good restaurants and cafés on the main teaching campus, as well as shops. The accommodation charge includes rent, electricity, gas and Internet.
- Students have their room for the entire academic year, only moving out at the start of the summer vacation.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.