Liverpool Hope University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university offers accommodation for PGCE, Schools Direct, masters and postgraduate students in St Michael's and St Julie's Halls in the Aigburth Park Student Village. St Michael’s Halls have en-suite single rooms, while St Julie’s Halls provides shared facilities single rooms.
- Rooms are grouped into flats of 5–6 or 7–8 students, depending on the hall chosen, and share a lounge and kitchen.
- Different length contracts are available, and rent includes bills and Wi-Fi. Guest rooms can be rented for a small fee when visitors come to stay.
- The university offers a free student shuttle bus, which runs regularly between Aigburth Park, Hope Park Campus and the Creative Campus.
- Please refer to the university website Halls of Residence page for details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Graduate 600: £600 towards the cost of postgraduate taught study awarded to Home Students who have achieved a degree (either 1st or 2:1) at Liverpool Hope University in the last 3 years, who is studying a full masters in price bands 1 & 2 (please check the Liverpool Hope website fee price bands).
- Graduate 1000: £1,000 towards the cost of postgraduate taught study awarded to Home Students who have achieved a degree (either 1st or 2:1) at Liverpool Hope University in the last 3 years, who is studying a full masters in price band 3 (please check the Liverpool Hope website fee price bands).
- Graduate Education 1000: £1,000 towards the costs of postgraduate taught study awarded to Home Students who have achieved a degree (either 1st or 2:1) at Liverpool Hope University in the last 3 years studying a full masters within the faculty of Education, indicating their acceptance to a masters programme by the specified date (please check the Liverpool Hope website fee price bands).
- Bursaries for MA Christian Education and Leadership: Bursaries worth up to £1,500, subject to university terms and conditions.
- There are several scholarships available for International students – please visit our website for the latest updates.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
1,005 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 65%
- Part Time 35%
- UK 87%
- EU 4%
- Other 9%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||5||75||80|
|Historical & philosophical studies||25||45||70|
|Creative arts & design||5||30||40|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||10||10|
|Subjects allied to medicine||5||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.