Liverpool Hope University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Liverpool Hope University gives postgraduate students the opportunity to become involved in high quality research across a range of disciplines; the university is in the top half of all UK universities for research intensity (Complete University Guide 2020). Taught master's offer students choice and flexibility, within a supportive academic environment.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,290 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 92%
- EU 3%
- Other 5%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||5||50||55|
|Theology & Religious Studies||25||15||45|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||15||15|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||0||10||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||10||10|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||5||5|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||0||5|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university offers a range of awards. The following are a selection, please refer to the university website for details.
- Graduate 1000: £1,000 towards the cost of postgraduate taught study for Home students achieving a 1st or 2:1 degree at Liverpool Hope University in the last three years, studying a full master's in price band 3.
- Graduate Education 1000: £1,000 towards the cost of postgraduate taught study for Home students achieving a 1st or 2:1 degree at Liverpool Hope University in the last three years, studying a full master's within the faculty of Education. Students must indicate their acceptance to a master's programme by the specified date.
- Bursaries for MA Christian Education and Leadership: Bursaries worth up to £1,500, subject to university terms and conditions.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers accommodation for PGCE, Schools Direct, master's and postgraduate students in St Michael's and St Julie's halls in the Aigburth Park student village.
- St Michael's offers en-suite single rooms, while St Julie's halls have single rooms with shared facilities. Rooms are grouped into flats of five to six, or seven to eight students, depending on the hall chosen, and share a lounge and kitchen.
- Different contract lengths are available, and rent includes bills and Wi-Fi. Guest rooms can be rented for a small fee when visitors come to stay. Please refer to the university website for details.