Liverpool Hope University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Liverpool Hope University gives postgraduate the opportunity to become involved in high quality research across a range of disciplines. In the top half of all UK universities for research intensity, over 44% of research was rated as internationally excellent or world leading. (REF 2014). Taught masters offer students choice and flexibility, within a supportive academic environment.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,280 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 60%
- Part Time 40%
- UK 93%
- EU 3%
- Other 4%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||5||60||60|
|Theology & Religious Studies||25||25||55|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||15||15|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||15||15|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||5||10|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||0||10||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||0||5|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for full details of the following selection:
- Graduate 600: £600 towards the cost of postgraduate taught study for Home Students achieving a 1st or 2:1 degree at Liverpool Hope University in the last three years, studying a full masters in price bands 1 and 2.
- Graduate 1000: £1,000 towards the cost of postgraduate taught study for Home Students achieving a 1st or 2:1 degree at Liverpool Hope University in the last three years, studying a full masters in price band 3.
- Graduate Education 1000: £1,000 towards the cost of postgraduate taught study for Home Students achieving a 1st or 2:1 degree at Liverpool Hope University in the last three years, studying a full masters within the faculty of Education. Students must indicate their acceptance to a masters' programme by the specified date.
- Bursaries for MA Christian Education and Leadership: Bursaries worth up to £1,500, subject to university terms and conditions.
- There are several scholarships available for International students – please refer to the university website.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers accommodation for PGCE, Schools Direct, masters and postgraduate students in St Michael's and St Julie's Halls in the Aigburth Park Student Village.
- St Michael's Halls have en-suite single rooms, while St Julie's Halls has single rooms with shared facilities. Rooms are grouped into flats of five to six, or seven to eight students, depending on the hall chosen, and share a lounge and kitchen.
- Different length contracts are available, and rent includes bills and Wi-Fi. Guest rooms can be rented for a small fee when visitors come to stay.
- The university offers a free student shuttle bus, which runs regularly between Aigburth Park, Hope Park campus and the Creative campus.
- Please refer to the university website Halls of Residence page for details.