Liverpool Hope University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- We offer a range of postgraduate degrees across our three faculties: Arts and Humanities, Education and Science.
- Our postgraduate students work with research-active academics and renowned visiting professors. We’re a top 10 UK university for the percentage of staff with PhDs.
- We encourage all of our postgraduate students to get involved with our Research Centres and Groups to develop further understanding of their chosen field. In the latest national Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than a third of research produced at Liverpool Hope was rated as world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*).
- Your classes will take place at our two teaching campuses: Hope Park (L16 9JD) in the leafy suburb of Childwall and the Creative Campus (L6 1HP) at the edge of the city centre. You get the best of both worlds – studying at a campus-based university, within the amazingly vibrant city of Liverpool!
You can request a copy of our Postgraduate Prospectus for more detailed information, or call our friendly postgraduate recruitment team on +44 (0)151 291 3111.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 1,630 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 35%
- Part Time 65%
- UK 91%
- EU 2%
- Other 6%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||3||77||80|
|Historical & philosophical studies||25||43||68|
|Creative arts & design||7||32||39|
|Mass communications & documentation||1||10||11|
|Subjects allied to medicine||3||1||4|
- Computer Science
- Disability and Special Educational Needs
- Drama, Dance and Performance Studies
- Early Childhood
- Education and Teaching
- Fine and Applied Art
- Geography and Environmental Science
- Health Sciences
- History and Politics
- Media and Communication
- Social Science
- Social Work, Care and Justice
- Theology, Philosophy and Religion
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- UK/EU Students: Current fees are between £5,000 - £10,200 depending on the course. PG Certificates are available in some subjects, with fees range from £1,650 to £1,930.
- International Students: £11,200 or £12,000 for the International MBA.
- Scholarships: UK/EU students who have achieved a First-Class Honours Degree (1st) or a Second-Class Honours Degree, Upper Division (2:1) in the last three years, studying a full masters, are eligible for either a £600 or £1,000 scholarship depending on their chosen course. There are also currently eight bursaries of up to £1,500 for MA Christian Education and Leadership.
- There are several scholarships available for International students – please visit our website for the latest updates.
- Our postgraduate accommodation is at Aigburth Park Student Village, which is owned by the University. St Michael’s Halls offers en-suite single rooms, while St Julie’s Halls provides shared facilities single rooms. Rooms are grouped into flats of 5-6/7-8 students, depending on which Hall you choose, sharing a lounge and kitchen.
- Aigburth Park offers round the clock security and all the amenities you need for daily life including a launderette and cafe, with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants nearby.
- Rent includes bills and Wi-Fi and there are several different contract lengths available. You can find the latest accommodation costs on our Halls of Residence web page.
- There’s a free student shuttle bus, which runs regularly between Aigburth Park, Hope Park Campus and the Creative Campus.
- Guest rooms can be rented for a small fee when visitors come to stay.
- Our postgraduate students benefit from small group, research-led teaching, including personal development opportunities such as field trips.
- The specially designed Research Skills Programme (Research students) and Research Phase (Taught students), help to teach you transferable skills and increase your employability.
- The Employability Hub organises employer workshops, guest speakers and careers fairs while the careers portal has careers related tools and materials.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- At Liverpool Hope, we will support you throughout your journey, from your initial enquiry through to finding job opportunities after graduation.
- Our postgraduate recruitment team can advise you on funding your degree, including information about the government postgraduate loans scheme and available scholarships.
- In order to make the transition from undergraduate study or working life constructive and enjoyable, we offer a range of support and study skills services, such as personal academic support, a Virtual Learning Environment and dedicated study spaces for postgraduate students.
- Our Student Support and Well-being Team offer a range of services to help you get the most from your university experience, including Learning Support, Mental Health and Counselling services and Welfare Benefits advice.
- We are in the top 5 universities for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2017).