Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) is a specialist university-level provider of world class learning for performers and those who make performance possible. Almost a quarter of LIPA's 851 undergraduate students come from countries outside of the UK as do several teaching staff. By studying a degree or foundation certificate, or developing their skills through a master's degree, students at LIPA become part of a creative community where they can grow, experiment and succeed.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
340 international students in 2017–18
- LIPA's friendly and experienced International team are available to guide international students through each step of joining the institution, from the application stage though to enrolment at LIPA.
- All international students are invited to attend a comprehensive orientation and induction day, to help them settle in before returning students arrive.
English Language Requirements
- All international students entering the UK on a student visa (Tier 4) need language test scores that meet the minimum standards set by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI). LIPA’s international team can offer further guidance on English language requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts does not currently have its own halls of residence, but it does have a series partnership arrangements with nearby accommodation providers. These offer a good standard and range of accommodation for students.
- Detailed information is provided by LIPA upon accepting an offer of a place.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- LIPA does not currently have any bursaries or scholarships for international students.
- All students will have a Learning Guidance Tutor who they will be able to talk to in confidence about any issue concerning them.
- The International Team and Student Support are available to help with any welfare problems to do with accommodation, finance and immigration.
- International students are encouraged to contact the International team if they experience any problems no matter how small they may be.