Liverpool John Moores University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Where possible, the university provides pre-departure briefings for students within the student's own country, delievered by a member of university staff; if this is not possible, the British Council also offer briefings in-country.
- Once students have secured their travel to the UK, the university can arrange and pay for their transport to university accommodation for their arrival in the UK.
- Welcome week provides a series of talks covering information such as on-campus registration, British Residence Permit (BRP) collection and registering with local police.
- Students continue to receive receive support from a team of international student advisers, should it be required; this can include English language coaching, international funding grants, counselling services and information on multi-faith and Muslim prayer rooms.
English Language Requirements
- All international applicants must have an internationally recognised English language qualification, such as IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) or other UKVI approved tests. These must have been certified within the last 2 years for verification purposes.
- LJMU will accept other English language tests providing students attain the appropriate level. Alternative qualifications to the standard UKVI list can be found on the university website.
- Minimum IELTS scores required by LJMU are: International Foundation Programme 4.5; Undergraduate degrees 6.0; Postgraduate degrees 6.5. Please note, specific course requirements may differ.
Accommodation for International Students
- The wide range of student housing in Liverpool means that the university can offer international students a choice of relatively low cost but high quality approved student accommodation right in the heart of Liverpool city centre.
- Accommodation comprises individual study bedrooms within shared flats, living alongside other new LJMU students. Most bedrooms also have private en-suite bathrooms and all accommodation is self-catering.
- There is on-site staff support in all accommodation in addition to the university-based student support services.
- Accommodation is available that is wheelchair accessible and suitable for students with visual or hearing impairments.
- Liverpool Student Homes (LSH) is the official student housing agency set up by LJMU, the University of Liverpool and Hope University and they can advise students on suitable housing.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.