- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) postgraduate students develop new ideas and ground-breaking approaches to 21st century challenges. The university offers strong business links, first class facilities and practice-based teaching.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,351 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 48%
- Part Time 52%
- UK 87%
- EU 4%
- Other 9%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||25||360||385|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||25||225||250|
|Physics & Astronomy||35||75||110|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||70||75|
|Art & Design||20||45||65|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||20||15||35|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||20||30|
|Accounting & Finance||10||15||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||10||15|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||10||10|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||5||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Alumni Award: a 20% fee reduction for taught masters and research degrees, applying to all years of the programme, for Home and EU LJMU graduates. Terms and conditions apply.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All new students are guaranteed university accommodation, with rooms set aside in specific halls for postgraduate and mature students who require a quieter working environment.
- In addition, LJMU funds a housing agency called Liverpool Student Homes, in partnership with the other universities in the city. LSH is a great source of advice on other types of accommodation which may be more suitable for postgraduate students.