Liverpool John Moores University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- We offer you a postgraduate experience geared to meeting the needs of employers in all sectors.
- Our postgraduate programmes are delivered by academics involved in innovative research. Many are also engaged in exciting consultancy projects with a wide range of employers and organisations.
- It’s this combination of academic expertise and real world experience that helps ensure that our degrees are kept up-to-date, secure accreditation by key professional bodies and deliver the knowledge, skills and experience you need to achieve your professional ambitions.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 2,800 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 84%
- EU 4%
- Other 12%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||48||723||771|
|Business & administrative studies||37||229||266|
|Engineering & technology||60||162||222|
|Architecture, building & planning||13||207||220|
|Creative arts & design||13||51||64|
|Mass communications & documentation||9||26||35|
|Historical & philosophical studies||4||6||10|
- LJMU offers postgraduate degrees in all of its academic Schools/Departments and Faculties.
- Search the course portfolio on our website, to find out more.
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- All graduates of the university (Home/EU/international) are eligible to apply for the Alumni Award, which takes the form of a 20% fee reduction for any new taught postgraduate master’s level programmes or research degree programme undertaken. The award will apply the 20% reduction to all years of the programme, not just the first year of study. (Distance learning programmes are excluded.)
- Postgraduate Scholarships are available to exceptional new students joining the university in 2016–17, including students progressing from the LJMU International Study Centre. The scholarships take the form of full or partial tuition fee waivers.
- English for Postgraduate Studies bursary: bursaries are available if you need to increase your IELTS score by 0.5 in order to enrol on your chosen postgraduate degree.
- Fully-funded PhD scholarships and fees-only PhD scholarships also available for research students.
- Your Career, Your Choice programme aims to enable researchers to take greater ownership of their career path.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Graduate School which provides advice on progressing to a PhD, examinations and research degree regulations or assistance with ethical approval plus administrative and training support for research students, including Research Student Induction Days.
- Dedicated postgraduate library resources and support staff.