Liverpool John Moores University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) postgraduates develop new ideas and ground-breaking approaches to 21st century challenges. The university offers strong business links, first class facilities and practice-based teaching.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,115 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 51%
- Part Time 49%
- UK 85%
- EU 5%
- Other 10%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||30||305||335|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||30||145||170|
|Physics & Astronomy||25||80||105|
|Art & Design||20||45||60|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||45||50|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||15||30|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||15||5||20|
|Accounting & Finance||5||15||20|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||15||15|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||10||10|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Home and EU LJMU graduates may be eligible for an Alumni Award – a 20% fee reduction for taught masters and research degrees. The 20% discount applies to all years of the programme. Terms and conditions apply.
- Awards for international students include: International Achievement Scholarships (a £2000 partial tuition fee scholarship, no application required); £7,000 LJMU Global Citizen Awards (partial tuition fee scholarship, application required) or the tuition fee waiver LJMU International Scholar Awards (application required).
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All new students are guaranteed university accommodation, with rooms set aside in specific Halls for postgraduate and mature students who require a quieter working environment.
- In addition, LJMU funds a housing agency called Liverpool Student Homes, in partnership with the other universities in the city. LSH is a great source of advice on other types of accommodation which may be more suitable for postgraduate students.