University of Liverpool
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Pre-Departure Briefings are offered to students; if students are unable to attend in person these are also available online via webinars. Students also have the opportunity to speak with a current University of Liverpool student to ask any questions about the social and cultural aspects of studying and living in the UK and at the university.
- The university runs a free Meet and Greet service which welcomes new students at Manchester and Liverpool Airports and brings them to their accommodation.
- Welcome Programme for International Students: this highly-recommended event includes specialist talks, information stands, tours of the campus and the city and early registration procedures help students to settle into campus life. Throughout the week, students have the opportunity to get involved in various social activities including events such as British film nights and society gatherings. All of these events are a great way for students to make new friends and practice English from the start of term.
English Language Requirements
- All students applying to the University of Liverpool must demonstrate that they are competent in the use of the English language and satisfy the university’s requirements. Please refer to the university website for details of specific entry requirements.
- Note that TOEFL is no longer classified by UK Visas and Immigration as a Secure English Language Test (SELT). However, at the current time, the university is continuing to accept TOEFL, at the required level, for entry onto undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees a place in university accommodation if an international undergraduate student accepts a conditional or unconditional offer as their firm choice and applies by the accommodation deadline.
- The university is usually able to offer accommodation to the majority of students who have an Insurance Offer or who come through Clearing.
- Accommodation for international students is across a number of different sites including city centre on-campus accommodation and 2 student villages, around 3 miles from the campus. Most accommodation is reserved for 1st year undergraduates living away from home for the first time.
- Both catered and self-catering accommodation is available and all rooms have high-speed Internet.
- Various contracts are available ranging from 39 weeks to 51 weeks. The university can accommodate students who wish to stay over the holiday period; where possible, they can remain in their current room. All accommodation over this period is self-catered.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.