- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Liverpool is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2020) and is a member of the Russell Group of the UK's leading research universities. Of its 35,000 students, 8,000 travel from across the world to study at the university. The University of Liverpool has established a university in Suzhou near Shanghai, in partnership with Xi'an Jiaotong University, as well as a campus in London.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
10,905 international students in 2017–18
- Pre-departure briefings are offered to students; for students unable to attend in person, they are available online via webinars. Students also have the opportunity to speak with a current University of Liverpool student to ask any questions about the social and cultural aspects of studying and living in the UK and at the university.
- The university runs a free meet and greet service, which welcomes new students at Manchester Airport and brings them to their accommodation.
- A highly recommended Welcome Programme for International Students includes specialist talks, information stands, tours of the campus and city, and early registration procedures to help students to settle into campus life. Throughout the week, students have the opportunity to get involved in various social activities and events such as British film nights and society gatherings – a great way for students to make new friends and practice English from the start of term.
English Language Requirements
- All students applying to the University of Liverpool must demonstrate that they are competent in the use of the English language and satisfy the university's requirements. Please refer to the university website for details of specific entry requirements.
- Note that TOEFL is no longer classified by UK Visas and Immigration as a secure English language test. However, at the current time, the university is continuing to accept TOEFL at the required level for entry onto undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees a place in university accommodation if an international undergraduate student accepts a conditional or unconditional offer as their firm choice, and applies by the accommodation deadline. The university is usually also able to offer accommodation to the majority of students who have an Insurance Offer or who come through Clearing.
- Accommodation for international students is across a number of different sites, from city-centre on-campus accommodation to a student village located around 3 miles from the campus. Most accommodation is reserved for first-year undergraduates living away from home for the first time. Both catered and self-catering accommodation is available and all rooms have high-speed Internet.
- Various contracts are available, ranging from 39–51 weeks. The university can accommodate students who wish to stay over the holiday period; where possible, they can remain in their current room. All accommodation over this period is self-catered.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a generous range of scholarships and awards for international students. Please refer to the university website for details.