University of Liverpool
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- At the University of Liverpool, we offer a wide range of postgraduate taught and research programmes.
- As well as our Liverpool campus, we also have a number of courses available to study at our London campus, our Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University campus in China and our Online courses offered in partnership with Laureate Online Education.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 4,865 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 58%
- EU 7%
- Other 35%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||88||1042||1130|
|Medicine & dentistry||474||304||778|
|Engineering & technology||224||146||370|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||354||354|
|Subjects allied to medicine||118||96||214|
|Historical & philosophical studies||85||82||167|
|Architecture, building & planning||34||125||159|
|Creative arts & design||16||45||61|
|Mass communications & documentation||2||21||23|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- If you are planning to undertake postgraduate study you may need to seek financial support from a variety of sources, such as scholarships, Research Councils, charitable trusts and loans.
- It is important that you investigate every possible source of funding, and that you are aware of application deadlines and eligibility criteria.
- Search our online postgraduate funding tool, which lists all the scholarships available.
- Liverpool is one of the most cost effective student cities in the UK with a wide variety of rented accommodation available.
- The university has excellent on campus accommodation for postgraduate students, including Vine Court, the university’s £44m eco-residences. For further details, including costs, visit the Accommodation website.
- As a postgraduate student you can also work as a Residential Adviser, living in on campus accommodation at reduced rates in return for providing support and guidance to Undergraduate students. You can find out more on our Accommodation page.