- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Liverpool offers postgraduate qualifications that are valued worldwide. A range of master's and research opportunities are available on campus in Liverpool, London and China; delivered via full-time, part-time and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) study.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,723 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 57%
- Part Time 43%
- UK 63%
- EU 7%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||110||1015||1125|
|Accounting & Finance||20||285||310|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||105||55||155|
|Physics & Astronomy||105||15||120|
|Librarianship & Information Management||70||35||105|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||95||0||95|
|Anatomy & Physiology||95||0||95|
|Geography & Environmental Science||10||55||60|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||60||60|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||45||50|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||20||20|
|Classics & Ancient History||5||5||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for the postgraduate funding tool listing available scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Liverpool is one of the most cost-effective student cities in the UK, with a wide variety of rented accommodation available.
- The university has excellent on-campus accommodation for postgraduate students – including Vine Court, the university's eco-residences. Postgraduate students can work as a residential adviser, living in on-campus accommodation at reduced rates in return for providing support and guidance to undergraduate students.
- Please refer to the university website for details.